What causes breathing difficulty and feeling of lump in the throat?

hi doctor I had gastritis for past one week and was experiencing shortness of breath. Consulted doctor on this,was prescribed sporacid(syrup),razo easy powder and lesuride tablet. Now I feel the gastritis has subsided but the breathing problem still persists. I have also been experiencing lump ,mucus in the throat and pain in the back while breathing in.Exhaling I dont have any problem.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. The discomfort with breathing and feeling of lump in the throat are all symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease. You need to continue the medications. Instead of taking Razo easy and lesuride, you can take C.razo L once daily before breakfast for 4 weeks. Certain lifestyle and dietary changes are also essential for complete relief- 1. Weight reduction if obese 2. Avoiding coffee, citrus, chocolates, carbonated beverages, spicy food, fatty food, tomatoes 3. Avoiding large meals and eating smaller frequent meals 4. Going to bed at least 2-3 hours after food. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini