What causes breast lump in children?

My 14-yr old grandson had a lump in his breast. Took him to the doctor who said that the lump was probably from the hormones, etc. that was in his food. For the last 3 months (with an occasional pizza or hamburger) he has been eating/drinking totally clean. Fruit/veggie smoothies, grass fed bison, chicken etc. The lump has disappeared. But do you think it was the clean eating or that the lump would have gone away anyway. And should we take him back for further examination?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Further tests are not needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The breast lump was likely to be due to hormonal changes in the body during adolescence. Taking a healthy diet certainly helps in decreasing the hormonal abnormalities. Now that the lump has disappeared there is no need to worry. You can avoid a follow up visit to the doctor. You can only self monitor the area for reappearance any new lumps or breast tenderness. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL