What causes breast discharge, sometimes blood in men?
User rating for this question
What causes Male breast discharge, sometimes bloody. Have had ultra sound and mamograms, all coming back clear!
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Drugs, elevated prolactin levels, stimulation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for your breast discharge are: - Side effects of drugs like antihypertensives, tranquilizers, antacids or antidepressants etc. Antihistamines rarely can cause galactorrhea as a side effect. - In case of elevated prolactin levels like in prolactinomas or in hypothyroidism etc. - Excessive nipple manipulation due to skin rash or friction due to cloths etc. For more details : http://srsree.blogspot.in/2013/02/nipple-discharge-1.html So, once consult general surgeon get examined and discuss these possibilities. With his advice you can go for investigations like thyroid profile, prolactin levels estimation etc. Then according the possible cause, treatment can be planned.
People also viewed
- What causes blood and pus filled blisters on the breast
- What causes milky discharge from the breast
- Blown stomach no period
- Stomach pain diahrrea body temperature cold
- Physical therapy tools for muscles
- What is myelocyte
- Surgery to tighten vaginal muscles
- Myelodysplasia syndrome
- What causes breast discharge sometimes blood in men
- Body heal cathartic colon
- Lightheadedness stomach upset blurring vision
- What causes milk discharge from breast
- Musculetal system
- What is the cause of breast growth in men
- Body hurts chills stomach hurts