What causes breast discharge, sometimes blood in men?
User rating for this question
What causes Male breast discharge, sometimes bloody. Have had ultra sound and mamograms, all coming back clear!
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Drugs, elevated prolactin levels, stimulation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for your breast discharge are: - Side effects of drugs like antihypertensives, tranquilizers, antacids or antidepressants etc. Antihistamines rarely can cause galactorrhea as a side effect. - In case of elevated prolactin levels like in prolactinomas or in hypothyroidism etc. - Excessive nipple manipulation due to skin rash or friction due to cloths etc. For more details : http://srsree.blogspot.in/2013/02/nipple-discharge-1.html So, once consult general surgeon get examined and discuss these possibilities. With his advice you can go for investigations like thyroid profile, prolactin levels estimation etc. Then according the possible cause, treatment can be planned.
People also viewed
- What causes blood and pus filled blisters on the breast
- What causes milky discharge from the breast
- Stomach muscles hurt after a fall
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding severe cramps brown discharge post periods cancer
- After c section lot of farting
- 21 weeks pregnant vomiting acid taste in mouth precautions
- What causes breast discharge sometimes blood in men
- Feeling pain after motion
- My stomach inflated after exercise
- Is primolut safe have heavy bleeding hormonal imbalance
- Red knuckles bruise underneath not tender any ideas
- What causes milk discharge from breast
- Ohs optimal fat sugar after gallbladder removal
- What is the cause of breast growth in men
- Does amlopres cause ed have high bp