What causes breast and nipple itching?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My left breast has started itching and especially my nipple. I am 77and had a mastectomy approximately 32 years ago on the right breast. This started approximately 2-3 weeks ago.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: I dont think that this is something serious or cancer related. Of course, since you had cancer already you should be more caotious,but you dont have to hurry to hospital. If there is no some other sign such as swelling,redness,lump or discharge,then this is probably just nipple irritation. If those signs occur or itching persist, you should visit doctor and do Ultrasound and mamography. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards