What causes body tremors at night with palpitaions and breathing difficulty?

Nov 2013

hi doctor i have been having night tremors all of a sudden when i fall asleep at night at 1 or 2 am and it starts from neck to head to all body parts causing light headed XXXXXXX rapid heart palpitations difficulty in breathing and feeling of passing out. hi doctor and it started 6-7 months ago and i did holtiers monitor and ecg of heart
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. One of the common causes for your symptoms could be cardiac arrhythmia (an abnormal heart rhythm), which can be diagnosed by Holter monitoring. I note that it was already done, and so, this condition has been excluded. The other condition to exclude would be a seizure, for which a prolonged overnight video EEG may be done. I hope it helps. please get back if you have any follow up queries. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad