What causes body aches and sinus congestion after catching flu?

I've had the flu for 5 days. At first my temp was 101.1 F. Now it's 96.5. I'm still having chills, feel somewhat achy, and have a lot of sinus congestion with a runny nose. What's going on? Do I still have the flu?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Resilient flu, consult Infectious disease people Detailed Answer: Good day! Thank you for asking. I am dr s XXXXXXX and i would like to help you with your flu resilient one still there after 5 days. Miss XXXXXXX All the symptoms are presentation of influenza AKA flu. There are different recovery rates though and that recovery time increases with increasing age. Usually it take three to five days. It looks like you need antiviral medicines Oseltamavir and zanamaver are only recommended ones with symptomatic treatment of nasal decongestants and complete bed rest. Now if the symptoms persist for two more days then i would like you to go back to ER for evaluation of this delay and sort out the etiology for that. Could be potential complication to immunocompromise. And remember Prevention is the best cure. In future get seasonal influenza vaccine. In nut shell Antiviral with uricosuric agents, symptomatic treatment and consult with an infectious disease specialist if the symptoms persist. Hope the answer finds you in good health Miss XXXXXXX Get well soon and close the discussion, My best wishes will be with you and keep me posted. Regards