What causes blurring of vision,ocular pain and headache?

I have had dry eyes for years but just recently saw an ophthalmologist secondary to blurred vision. She said my eyes are severely dry with some cornea scarring. Her tx plan was: steroidal drops, fish oil, restatis drops, and duct plugs. I followed up in 2 weeks and there was minimal improvement in my right and none in my left. Today I woke up with a headache but the pain seems to be primarily be coming from my right eye and right temple. My vision seems a little more blurred in my right eye. What are your suggestions?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: The pain is because of corneal involvement. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are diagnosed with severe dry eyes and you are on treatment with steroid eye drops, fish oil, restasis eye drops and duct plugs. But the artificial tears which are the most basic drugs used for treatment of dry eyes are not mentioned here. Hence along with the above mentioned drugs you need to use artificial tears eye drops. Now coming to your questions of blurring of vision, ocular pain and headache.. These symptoms indicate problems in the cornea like corneal epithelial erosions or punctate keratopathy. These corneal problems are common in severe dry eye.This requires treatment by using artificial tears eye drops. The artificial tears eye drops needs to be used as frequently as once in a hour. If the pain does not respond to artificial tears, soft bandage contact lenses can be used. Hence I advice you to consult your ophthalmologist to rule out corneal problems like corneal epithelial erosions, punctate keratopathy... Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. Thank you