What causes blurred vision ?

ENT Specialist
XXXXXXX I am having a problem of blurred vision and sweating since past two days , I have had this problem last year too and last year it did follow by a viral infection causing me to not to go on a work for a month...Am I going to have a viral infection again ? what could this problem be?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

You have history of blurred vision, from last 2 days. There are many causes for blurred vision.but in your case , you had history of viral infection. So, you might be suffered from acute viral conjuctivitis or phlynctanular conjunctivitis.

In this situation patient had watering, pain, blurred vision due to irritation, severe discharge. Followed by symptoms of viral fever like increased temperature, lethargy, extreme weakness.

Treatment consists of washing eyes with cold water, symptomatic treatment including antipyretic, anti inflammatory, along with vitamin and mineral supplements.

Eye drop-- it will include antibiotic, steroid eye drop, after consultation with your

As far as investigation are concerned, get a general blood picture done.

Follow-up: What causes blurred vision ? 1 hour later
thanks for your answer.

since i asked this question I have had 2 more issues: I now have neck pain, headache has almost gone but now have body and neck pain.

do you mean fever and weakness is inevitable in my case and I am going to have all consequences that you have mentioned in your reply?

can i avoid fever and weakness at all?
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 7 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

As you have asked that is fever and weakness inevitable in your case, my answer is NO, you will not experience these symptoms, if you will take precautions stated above in time.

Consult an Ophthalmologist, and he will manage to control the infection at the early stage, preventing from complication.

For neck pain and headache, you may take a NSAIDs group of drugs empirically.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.