What causes blotches on left heel and under toes with slight pain?

Dermatologist
Question
blotches on side of left heel and under toes. slight pain ?? a few on right foot
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hemorrhagic spots over feet Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . I have seen the attached pictures . You seem to have developed hemorrhagic spots over the heels. Such spots can develop over the feet due to trauma or these can also occur as such especially in old age since the blood vessels tend to get injured due to pressure changes. All you need to do is to take care of the footwear that you wear. You should wear soft canvas shoes so that there is proper cushioning of the feet. Take oral vitamin c tablets 500 mg twice a day for some two weeks. These act as tonic for blood vessel wall and also help in rapid clearing of the hemorrhage . If in case the lesions still continue to occur or they occur even on other body areas, then you might need a blood analysis. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes blotches on left heel and under toes with slight pain? 58 minutes later
could there be a diabetic problem??

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hemorrhagic spots feet Detailed Answer: Hi again Development of such skin lesions only over the peripheries is very unlikely to be related to diabetes. Although uncontrolled and long term diabetes can lead to vascular involvement and vasculopathies , but such skin lesions are not usually seen . But if you have any doubts regarding the same, you can surely get a blood glucose analysis done. In my view, the lesions are simply gravitational or traumatic and simply need something like a vitamin supplementation . Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes blotches on left heel and under toes with slight pain? 10 minutes later
Thank you, Have a blessed day.

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Best of health Detailed Answer: You are most welcome Wishing you speedy recovery Dr Geetika Paul