Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes blood in urine?

I had uti with blood in my urine about three weeks ago I took ciprofloxacin and tonight I have blood in my urine again I was wondering why
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Perhaps recurrence.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Bloody urine is concerning. I am not sure how were you investigated three weeks ago and if you had undergone ultrasound scans / cystoscopy then. If you had been investigated comprehensively three weeks ago, then I would not be worried now. It may be a recurrence of minor infection or a renal stone. You should drink plenty of water and monitor the progress. Please note, I presume you are not menstruating now. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards