What causes blood in stool when suffering from piles problem?

HI Doc, Myself had a heat body, also sitting job, i have a piles problem, while on summer its gives pain, also if i maintain poor health like dringking low water or physical action low, i have a bleed while motioning, i need to get permanent cure for this.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Blood in stool can be due to hemorrhoids (piles), fissures, polyps or inflammatory bowel disease. You have mentioned that you have piles. You have also mentioned you get pain. Pain occurs if the piles get thrombosed ( clotted) or if you have fissure. So the first thing to is to confirm that bleeding is only due to piles and nothing else by getting a sigmoidoscopy test done. This is a test in which a tube with"camera" is introduced from the rear end to look in to the large bowel. The next step is to see whether in addition to piles you also have fissures. A good bowel movement will relieve the symptoms whether it is due to piles or fissures. Drink plenty of water, eat high fiber diet ( lot of vegetables and fruits) and take fiber supplements like cremadiet duo which will help in easing your bowel movements. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini Velammal Hospitals Mogappair