What causes blood during bowel movement when suffering from digestive pain and biliary dyskenesia?

General Surgeon
Hi Dr. Grief, To give you some background. I am an Black female, 51 yrs old with a family history of colon cancer (my aunt passed in 2012 from it). I had my first colonoscopy in 2013 as part of the family history, age and a digestive condition that required an endoscopy. The endoscopy found a bacteria that I was treated for, the colonoscopy found a polyp but otherwise okay. I needed an additonal test due to the digestive pain and I have biliary dyskenesia. I had to have a bowel movement and I waited nearly 2 hours (in a meeting and then driving home). When I had the movement when I turned after flushing the toilet, I thought I saw blood in my stool. I used too much paper and the toilet wouldn't flush so I waited to go try again. I frankly forgot and went out last night. I tried again. The water turned pretty red before it went down. I'll call my doctor tomorrow for an appointment but is there anything else I should do in the interim until I go. I recently moved to XXXXXXX but will fly into LA to go to Cedar Sinai for the appointment.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no cause for concern Detailed Answer: Namsthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Fist and foremost i would like to reassure you that there is no cause for concern. Isolated episode of doubtful bleeding without any other complaints can be left alone. Also you have had no complaints since the last colonoscopy done in 2013. I would suggest you the following in the meantime 1. Hot Seitz bath: Add a handful of table salt to tub of lukewarm water and sit in it for 15 - 20 minutes 2. Consume good quantity of water If there is pain, fissure in ano has to be ruled out. I hope it helped. In case you need any further assistance , will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon