What causes blockage in the urethra?
User rating for this question
I asked a question yesterday about a blockage in the urethra and the answer seems to have been erased from the e-mail address. Could you repeat it please?
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. This isn't indicating something serious but you should do basic urine analysis and creatinine/urea blood levels to verify is there uroinfection or kidney disorder. Also,you should do urologic ultrasound to rule out prostate enlargement and obstruction of ureter. Probably this is uroinfection which is commonly seen and it should be treated by antibiotics for 7-10 days. Red blister can be sign of such infection or it can be due o irritation, urethral injury by stone,herpes infection. rarely it can be sign of malignant process but this is the last thing to think of at this point. So just do tests I ve mentioned and follow the size of this blister. Meanwhile, drink plenty of fluids and uroprotective teas and avoid cold environment. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
People also viewed
- Why does my urine smell like farts
- Urine smells like fart
- What are the side effects of focalin?
- What causes itching in the urethra
- What causes blockage in the urethra
- What is the cause of pain in urethra
- Is headache a side effect of venofer?
- What causes bubbles in the urethra
- Pelvic pain when needing to fart
- Is confusion a side effect of zofran?
- What causes an itchy urethra
- Uti smell like fart
- Is headache a side effect of xalkori?
- Is sneezing a side effect of xalatan?
- Strong fart urine smell