What causes bleeding from ears?

ENT Specialist
isee blood in my ear some time I rolled pepper and put inmy ear my dr checked ear one month ago putting otoscope in ear I would like to know the cause of it.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not clean your ears. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic. There can be many causes of bleeding from ear. But the most common is from trauma to ear canal. If you try to clean your ear by yourself you will definitely hurt the skin of the ear canal some day and the bleeding could be because of that. The ear canal is curved and is not straight and so if your ear bud or paper goes inside then it goes straight and will traumatizes the ear canal wall. Otherwise also if you try to curve it then it will rupture the drum. So self cleaning is not advisable. God has made the ear canal skin like that , that it does not require regular cleaning the wax comes out automatically on its own . But if you clean it then that self cleaning function is lost. You might be having itching in the ears that could be because of two reasons: -nasal infections or allergies -gastro-esophageal reflux disease i.e the reflux of food from the stomach in the food pipe which comes and irritates the throat. Your age is 65 years so there are more chances of the reflux disease. For reflux disease the omeprazole or pantoprazole with domperidone tablets are good medicines whichever your doctor suggests. You should consult your doctor and take medicines accordingly. Hope it helps. In doubt do reply.
Follow-up: What causes bleeding from ears? 4 hours later
And if blood comes on his own without cleaning,because since 4 days I did not clean or touch.
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get ear examined Detailed Answer: Hello again, If blood comes on its own then there is infection or mass in the external ear. Since external ear is exposed to air there is chance of infection. But you said previously that doctor has done otoscopy and said everything is fine, it could be a new reason developed recently. There is no point in waiting now. In doubt do reply