What causes bleeding during bowel movement?

i have bleeding while bowel movement..i am 24 years old..i noticed it thrice so far i dont have any pain..i saw blood for the first time last week
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Bleeding during bowel movements could occur in a number of conditions. Some of the common causes are hemorrhoids, fissure, polyps, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) etc. Since you have mentioned you have chronic diarrhea also, inflammatory bowel disease is more likely. A colonoscopy test should be done to find the cause. In this test , a long slender tube with a "camera" is introduced through your rear opening in to your bowel to see why you have bleeding during bowel movements. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini