What causes bleeding bowels?

Hi in the past when opening my vowels i seem to have not much but a bit of blood on toilet paper after wiping myself but within 24 hrs i have notice after opening my vowels i have seen alot of blood in toilet is this normsl im only 27 years of age and iam a female
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that this can be hemorrhoids as the history you are giving but other possibilities like rectal polyps , Inflammatory bowel disease etc also needs consideration . I would advise you to see a surgeon immediately for this because it is definitely abnormal and needs to be looked upon whether what is the cause . A P/R examination will definitely be helpful regarding this and after that further investigations can be planned . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What causes bleeding bowels? 34 hours later
Thankyou for your response just wondering if it was hemorrhoids is there like some kind of cream i can use and just get it from the chemist. Also what is rectul polyups imflammatory bowel disease ? Is it lifethreatning if you were diagnosed wirh it.What happens if i choose just to ignore it will it be a bad thing
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for reverting back. Well I will like to tell you that first we need to diagnose the condition then only any treatment can be recommended . Yes definitely it will not be right to ignore your problem . Rectal polyps and inflammatory bowel disease are also causes of bleeding per rectum . Both have got different manifestations . Inflammatory bowel disease present with pain in abdomen passage of mucus and bleeding from rectum. They also need to be excluded if required . Take care. Dr. Shruti