What causes bleeding and passing big blood clots after having sex?
User rating for this question
Since having sex early this morning, I have been bleeding and passing big blood clots. What can be done to stop the bleeding?
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I think you should go to the ER. For such severe bleeding, you would require packing and medication, probably an injection of Tranexamic acid. You should get yourself investigated too for this kind and amount of bleeding. Most probably the diagnosis is atrophic vaginitis. This is a condition, where due to age related hormonal deficiency, the local tissues of the vagina get friable and easily bleed and tear. This is treated with local estrogen gel and lubricants during intercourse. Another reason could be a lesion / growth / polyp on the cervix. You need a thorough internal check up - per vaginum and per speculum. ALso, a pelvic transvaginal ultrasound scan. Also, a Pap smear would be in order. IF the bleeding and the clots do not abate, please go the ER for the requisite treatment - an internal examination to rule out major injury and requisite packing and drugs. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Cause of periods 18 days apart
- Ovarian cyst 175cm risk
- What cause blood clot in mouth
- Is 17mm endometrium thickness normal
- Passing blood clots and red urine after sex cause cure
- 17mm endometrial thickness during ovulation
- How to moisturize butt dry
- Dry patch of skin on butt
- What does blood clots in bleeding after sex mean
- Butt plug prep diet
- What is the cause of red blood clots after sex
- Good medicine to doctor sore butt
- Sores on butt dont heal
- Why endometrial thickness 16mm
- What causes blood clots