What causes bleeding and passing big blood clots after having sex?
User rating for this question
Since having sex early this morning, I have been bleeding and passing big blood clots. What can be done to stop the bleeding?
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I think you should go to the ER. For such severe bleeding, you would require packing and medication, probably an injection of Tranexamic acid. You should get yourself investigated too for this kind and amount of bleeding. Most probably the diagnosis is atrophic vaginitis. This is a condition, where due to age related hormonal deficiency, the local tissues of the vagina get friable and easily bleed and tear. This is treated with local estrogen gel and lubricants during intercourse. Another reason could be a lesion / growth / polyp on the cervix. You need a thorough internal check up - per vaginum and per speculum. ALso, a pelvic transvaginal ultrasound scan. Also, a Pap smear would be in order. IF the bleeding and the clots do not abate, please go the ER for the requisite treatment - an internal examination to rule out major injury and requisite packing and drugs. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Headache sleeping problem stressed what is the cause and treatment
- Calves paining no previous health issues no varicose veins suggestions
- Tolerant toward percocet safe to take dilaudid or morphine instead
- What cause blood clot in mouth
- Back pain done mri suggested physiotherapy cure
- Passing blood clots and red urine after sex cause cure
- Can i take lutera for endometriosis?
- Can i take seasonale for ovarian cysts?
- What does blood clots in bleeding after sex mean
- Will monistat treat thrush, vaginal ?
- What is the cause of red blood clots after sex
- Can i take covaryx hs for hot flashes?
- Pain in ears while talking headache dizziness how to cure
- Can kariva cure polycystic ovary syndrome?
- What causes blood clots