What causes bleeding after taking I-pill?
User rating for this question
my girlfriend had her last period day on 26th. January 2014. we had unprotected sex on 30th January 2014 and she had I-pill. and from today (5th February, 2014) she is suffering form similar pain like periods and also few drops of blood is coming along with urine. its been just 10 days from her last period. is this normal, whether we need to consult gynecologist. what can be the reason.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: NORMAL WITHDRAWAL BLEEDING. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. This is quite normal. What she is experiencing is called withdrawal bleeding. This happens in response to the hormones present in the I pill, and most women who consume I pill experience this. However, the I pill can prepone or postpone her expected date or periods by a week, maybe more. Just to be reasonably sure, please take a pregnancy test 4 weeks after unprotected sex. All the best. Take care.
People also viewed
- Corpus luteum insufficiency and frequent periods
- Circular dry patch on my back
- What causes bleeding after taking i pill
- What is the cause of light bleeding after taking i-pill
- Corpus luteum cyst in hong kong
- How to correct a pelvicaliceal dilation
- Posterior pelvic tilt correction
- Congestive heart failure reason for intermittent shortness of breath
- Clogged vas deferens after intercourse
- Can cortisone injection delay menstrual cycle
- Colofac and antibiotics
- What is the cause of bleeding after taking i-pill
- What causes heavy bleeding after taking i pill
- What causes bleeding a week after taking i pill
- Corn eye on foot