What causes black stools?
User rating for this question
I have had black stools for about a week. What could be causing this?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Peptic ulcer. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Black stool is caused by iron supplementation or by bleeding from stomach or duodenum. As you do take Entocort which makes you prone to peptic ulcers, stomach bleeding is the most probable source of this black stool. You may also have upper middle abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, weakness, pale skin. Please do not ignore it. You should visit your doctor as soon as possible and have gastroscopy done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Is it normal to have one grey hair for 20 month old baby
- What causes a meth addict have black stool
- Itchy peins
- Kerosene inhalation side effects
- Itchy eyes and dizziness
- What causes black stools
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- Can lucozade cause stomach ulcer
- Stomach ulcer causes vyvanse
- What causes black stool after taking naporxen
- Can a stomach ulcer cause numbness
- Skoal cause stomach ulcer
- Isotroin leads to hair loss
- What is the cause for black stool when on trazadone
- Duromine causes stomach ulcer