What causes bitter taste in mouth?
User rating for this question
Hello, I have symptoms that exist like Bitter taste in my mouth and it develops in the a.m. after breakfast usually. " I am at the end of my tether " I can't put up with it anymore, and I don't know what to do about it anymore, I have a very under active thyroid apparently as I put a request in earlier today and haven't heard, could you please help me.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Thyroid Detailed Answer: I am sorry to note your distressing symptom of bitter after taste. There are certain medications that can cause alterations in the taste sensation. Are you on any chronic medications or supplements? Acid reflux from the stomach can also impact oral sensation. Regarding your thyroid, have you been formally diagnosed with 'Hypothyroidism'? And are you on thyroid medication like (levo)- thyroxine? If you have had blood tests for your thyroid like TSH and Free T4 and thyroid antibodies like anti TPO (Thyroid Peroxidase) and/or anti-Thyroglobulin antibodies, please let me know the results.
People also viewed
- Inflamed lymph nodesjoint pain
- What causes almond taste in mouth
- Does smoking marijuana inflame the nasal passages
- Livocarnitine in male infertility
- Can thyroiditis cause irregular heartbeat
- Bitter taste of mouth caused by toresimide
- What causes salty taste in mouth
- What causes heightened sense of smell thyroid
- Can low testosterone cause irregular heartbeat
- Can thyroid cause heart hemiblock
- What causes a waxy tasting mouth
- Inflamed vessels under the lips
- What causes a fishy taste in mouth
- Thyroid problems cause heart skips
- Inflamation of the muscle lining