What causes behavioural changes after a stroke?

Question
DEAR SIRS, YES I NEED ADVICE AND QUIK,MY HUSBAND HAS HAD 2 STROKES AND A HEART ATTACK,FROM MY UNDERSTANDING,A STROKE CAN TEND TO CHANGE A PERSONS PERSONALITY,MY HUSBAND BEFORE THE STROKES WAS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE WAY THAT HE IS NOW,HE HAS ACTUALLY TURNED INTO A PERSONALITY THAT IS BECOMMING VERY HARD FOR ME TO TOLERATE,LATELY HE HAS STARTED DRINKING WINE ON OCCASION,HIS MEDICATIONS ARE THE FOLLOWING...CLONIDINE,METOPROLOL,HYDRALAZINE,CRESTOR,PLAVIX,GLIMEPERIDE,NIFEDIPINE,TAMSULOSIN,AND INSILIN WHICH HE SELF-INJECTS TWICE A DAY..HE IS ALSO TYPE-2 DIABETIC,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,AND HAS ONE KIDNEY..TELL ME PLEASE...CONSIDERING ALL OF THESE MEDICATIONS,IS DRINKING ALCOHOL HARMFUL TO HIM??AND ALSO ANSWER THIS...IS HIS NORMAL PERSONALITY EVER GOING TO RETURN....IT HAS BEEN TREE YEARS SINCE HIS LAST STOKE...PLEASE ANSWER ME THESE QUESTIONS IF YOU CAN..THIS IS URGENT...THANK YOU,XXXX YES...AS I STATED PREVIOUSLY MY HUSBAND HAS ALSO CHANGED PERSONALITIES DUE TO HAVING 2 STROKES..HE ALSO HAS STARTED HIDING HIS MEDICATION TO KEEP FROM TAKING IT,I ACTUALLY FOUND TONS OF MEDICATION JUST THE OTHER DAY THAT HE HAS HIDDEN,SOMETIMES EVEN PUT IT IN HIS POCKETS....I AM A YOUNGER WOMEN AND IT IS HARD AT TIMES CARING FOR HIM,ONE REASON BEING IS THAT I HAVE A 20 YEAR OLD AUTISTIC SON THAT REQUIRES MY CARE AS WELL,,I AM UNDER AN EXTREME AMOUNT OF PRESSURE..IF THIS KEEPS UP I AM CONSIDERING DIVORCE IF NOT SEPARATION...HE MAY BE BETTER OFF IN A FASCILITY SOMEWHERE PEOPLE ARE TRAINED TO CARE FOR PEOPLE LIKE HIM...I AM HIS ONLY CAREGIVER...HIS CHILDREN FROM HIS FIRST MARRIAGE NOW NEGLECT HIM
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take the help of Day Care Centre Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW Your husband had multiple strokes and heart ailment. Stroke can change the personality in a significant manner as It can cause multi infarct Dementia . The symptoms like carelessness, irritability,drinking wine and even forgetting things.Unfortunately, these changes are not reversible . It wouldn't be a bad idea to take the help of a day care centre . It should help reduce your burden considerably I shall be happy to answer any more query DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA