What causes bedwetting without any fever?

My 3yr old female has had 2 UTI's in the last 3 months both accompanied by fever and bedwetting at nap time as her only symptoms (she has been potty trained for 7mo). She is otherwise healthy. The first UTI she had fever, vomiting, and bedwetting with dark, foul smelling urine on day 3. The second UTI she only had a fever and bedwetting but her urine did not smell and was clear. Now this week she has wet the bed at nap time twice, no fevers and acting normal. Can a UTI only present with bedwetting or am I being paranoid about a recurrence? Thank you for your time...XXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Most probably Not an UTI Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. You daughter has previous history of two UTI in past 3 months and was treated with medicines. Bet wetting is a symptom of UTI. But Bet wetting alone is not seen in UTI, it is usually associated with Vomiting, poor appetite, Abdominal pain, fever, smelly urine. As this time she has only bed wetting and no other symptoms, then UTI is most probably not there. You wait if other symptoms arises, consult pediatrician. Another cause may be Acute cystitis (infection in bladder), in this fever may not be there and only voiding dysfunction is present. I advise you to pursue her to drink more fluids. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.