Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes bad toothache?

hello, my dad is experiencing a bad toothache. kindly suggest.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Important to visit a dentist... Detailed Answer: Hi, Tooth ache are from various causes. Medical drugs prescribed for tooth ache is only to take care of symptoms. He needs to see a dentist for evaluation and to correct the problem. If there is no history of asthma, gastritis and kidney disease, I start paracetamol and diclofenac combination pills such as magadol (not more than twice a day) half an hour after food to take care of pain in such cases and refer them to a dentist. Hope this helps. Regards