What causes bad odor from anus?

Hi i have very bad odor from anus area people make comments like have you passed gas i have tried everything nothing works i don't go out anymore i'm scared i could lose my job very embarrassing i have tried so many medicines none work i take lanzaprozole 30mg & also losartin 50mg i have recently had gastric bypass surgery please help i have had this problem for nearly 10 years.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible bowel infection... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical data and understood your concerns. Having bad odor from anus could be related to possible intestinal infection: - candida - intestinal protozoa - frequent bowel movements (due to bypass surgery). I suggest to: - keep a good anal hygiene - do cut/shave the local hair and clean it well with warm water and soap (especially after each bowel movements) - get your stool examined for ova/parasites - do the culture of stool for candida and get properly treated - take simethicone for bloating - take probiotics to optimize bowel flora Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida