What causes bacterial pneumonia with a history of asthma and parathyroid tumor?

I am a 40yo woman fighting her second bacterial pneumonia for this winter. I have a history of allergies, asthma, multiple drug allergies, parathyroid tumor, kidney stones, difficult pregnancies, bunions and neuromas, depression, essential tremors. What immune issue may I have that keeps getting me sick?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: See the detail Answer Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX You need to get treatment for parathyroid tumor. Your kidney stones, tremors, depression, tremors are due to parathyroid tumor. Your susceptibility to allergies, and Asthma could all be related to parathyroid disease. If you have already been operated for parathyroid tumors, and still getting recurrent pneumonia , Asthma and allergies, it is also important to take preventive measures, along with treatment. You must take Flu vaccine , Pneumonia vaccine, and Vit D to prevent recurrent attacks. You are welcome for any further query. Dr H Hamdani
Follow-up: What causes bacterial pneumonia with a history of asthma and parathyroid tumor? 32 minutes later
Yes, already had the parathyroid tumor removed 2 years ago. I always get my vaccines and take my vitamins and medicines. I am on maintenance allergy shots. My doctor has drawn blood work to check my immunity and I wanted to ask what she may be looking at. I had completed 3 different antibiotics this pneumonia and am still running fevers.
Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Immunologic causes for recurrent Pneumonia Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back to XXXXXXX As you have not responded well with three different antibiotics, your Doctor wants to rule out certain other cause of persistent fever and Pneumonia, like Viral Pneumonia , Fungal Pneumonia and Atypical pneumonia . These Pneumonia are more common in Immuno-compromised patients, due to use of Corticosteroids, or other immuno-suppressor medicines, HIV/AIDS, or had long hospitalization. There are certain tests to know the immunity of a patient, like Anti nuclear antibodies, HIV tests, Cryoglobulins, CRP, ESR etc. May be you can write me which immunological tests,exactly your Doctor has recommended for you, so i can give you specific answer. Dr H Hamdani