What causes backache and burning after defecation?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
just doing a follow up on my health issues in the Q. discomfort with backache and burning only after defecation is done. This is not all the time though, like it was. Pls advise
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to coccydynia. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. These symptoms are suggestive of coccydynia caused by inflammation of the coccyx bone. The symptoms are generally worse when sitting for prolonged periods of time, or with constipation. Follow these measures for relief from the symptoms: 1) Avoid sitting down for long periods of time. When seated, avoid to sit on hard surfaces and do alternate sitting on each side of the buttocks. Also, lean forward and direct your weight away from the tailbone. 2) Take adequate rest and apply hot compresses, avoid any injury to the affected area and take some antiinflammatory and pain medications like ibuprofen(motrin) or diclofenac. 3) You can also use a "doughnut" cushion or pillow to sit on. This cushion has a hole in the middle of it to prevent the tailbone from contacting the flat surface. 4) Also eat a high fiber diet foods to soften stools and avoid constipation. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL