What causes back pain radiating to groin area?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
pain in back that went to shooting pain ingroin that spread accross from right to left sit and get up worse when went to walk
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be due to many causes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Common causes of back pain like you are having are- Poor postural habits Muscular strain Ligaments sprain Herniated disc Spinal stenosis Osteoporosis Fibromyalgia The following measures will help with the pain • Lie on a hard bed. • Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required ( do not repeat a dose before 6 hours) with food will help relieve the pain. • Correct your posture while sitting • Avoid prolonged sitting • Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights. • Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help. Adequate rest and proper nutrition is equally important. Drink lots of fluids since dehydration affects the disc. Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables, nuts, milk, eggs, pulses and cereals.Do brisk walking exercise for 40 minutes daily. Get 6-8 hours of refreshing sleep daily. Do start with swimming.this will good for most back pains. In case the pain does not improve visit your orthopaedician and clinically-radiologically establish a diagnosis to commence definitive treatment. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL