What causes back pain and knee pain?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Okay. I have been having back pain and right knee pain for the past several years. I don't complain or take pain meds. I just tend to plug through my day. I have had x-rays which showed nothing, but my pain gets worse every day. I cant sit or stand long; watching a movie with my family is horrible and every dr I find just wants to give a pain pill. these do not fix my problem. Why is it so hrd to find a doctor who will find out why, run tests, and fix it if fixable? What do i need to ask for to make it happen
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get your Vit d and Vit B12 level checked. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The pain you have in your back and knee could be due to deficiency of vit D or vit B12 as your x-rays showed nothing. I would suggest get your vit D and vit B12 level checked. After the level checked, consult your doctor or you can consult me directly through my profile. Do physiotherapy exercises for your back and knee to strengthen the muscle and decrease the pain. Hope this helps you . Let me know if you have any more concerns.