What causes back and abdominal pain with delayed periods?

I'm currently having abdominal pain and back pain I haven't had my period this month either which it's always on time and I have pcos also what could it be
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer: hormone imbalance Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Pcos is a hormone imbalance. It causes irregular cycles eventually. Its a typical feature of pcos. However, if pregnancy is a possibility, then you need to rule oit pregnancy first. If you are sure that pregnancy is not a possibility, the most likely hormomal imbalance is the cause here. If you are more than 2 weeks late, then see your doctor for medication. If not, wait a few more days for arrival of menses. Pcos is complex metabolic syndrome. You need medicines to regulate your cycles if this continues. Do a hormone profile, and blood sugar. If you are over weight, lose weight.