What causes baby skin to change color while sleeping?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi, my 7 week old baby sometimes turns a more yellow color when sleeping and then turns back to normal when she wakes up. I visited my pediatrician and they said as long as she is gaining weight normally she is fine and that they had never heard of that happening (jaundice would be constant yellow). Is there anything I should be worried about or could this just be normal?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Everything normal with your baby.. Detailed Answer: Hi, It is normal for the babies skin to change color. This is particularly true when sleeping along with low metabolism. When your child will wake up, the metabolism rate will be back to normal again, and the skin will re-take its normal color. At the end, as long as your baby is feeding well and gaining weight normally, there is nothing to be worried about as this perfectly normal. Take care! Dr.Sonila