What causes asymptomatic elevation of liver enzymes?

I have undergone some physical test lately which show mild abnormality in the LFT section. The readings are as under: Serum Bili. Direct - 0.7 - Normal (0.2-1.2) Serum Bili. Indirect - 1.2 - Normal (0.2-1.2) SGPT - 90 - Normal (upto 37 IU/L) SGOT - 52 - Normal (upto 40 IU/L) Rest all the readings are in normal range. I had undergone LFT several times in last one year but these readings are never normal. Their is always slight abnormality in the readings above. I had done a course of liv 52 of Himalaya for more than a month, but with no effects. I have also done a course of Udiliv 300 for about a month, but they never came under normal range. My diet does not consist of high consumption of oil. My triglycerides level is also high. (264 - Normal (40-160 mg/dl)) Cholestrol (both HDL and LDL) are in normal range. Also am over weight - 170 cm height 98 kg weight. Please suggest how to proceed with this.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Answered Detailed Answer: Hi Asymptomatic elevation of liver enzymes that too with an elevated triglyceride levels occurs with (assuming you are nonalcoholic) - 1) XXXXXXX ie fatty liver with inflammation - usually represents a poor life style or insulin resistant state 2) Chronic Hepatitis C So get an ultrasound abdomen, fasting thyroid function test, anti HCV and a tTGA-IgA Meanwhile lead a healthy lifestyle and do some areobic exercises Regards Dr XXXXXXX