What causes appearance of HIV symptoms despite negative HIV report?

I had unpertected sex ibeen havivng a lot of symptoms burred vision sore throat white tongue mouth ulcer lympe nodes rash on chest and back tigling limbs contipation analsoreness and itching frequant peeing numness in feet and hands drain fog dirriea fatigue I was ddiagnose with overactive thyriod I don't know what would be causeing all these symptoms my test come back all neg also back pain dizziness lightheaded Hiv test 2.5 weeks neg Hiv dna test with hiv antibody 27 days and 6 weeks neg Hiv test 6.5 weeks neg Hiv test 9.5 weeks neg 4th generation test 86 days neg
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: To see family physician for proper review Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I think it is a good idea that you did an HIV test and sure and good it was negative. Other viral conditions like infectious mononucleosis must be excluded, the lymph nodes, sore throat and ulcers are all compatible with this condition. It is important to know if there was any notion of oral sex or not. Oral syphilis and oral herpes could present as such. A simple physical examination by your doctor would orient towards an appropriate diagnosis. Blood tests for infectious mononucleosis, Herpes, syphilis could be helpful. A complete review at the level of the mouth, to exclude a probable tumor should be carefully carried out. I strongly suggest a chest X ray be done to check for the chest symptoms. Diarrhea is a manifestation for sure of hyperthryroid function. Screening for thyroid function is therefore necessary. A complete examination of the anal region could be helpful. Anal soreness should be checked for any hemorrhoids, or ulcers deserve a careful evaluation. Constipation could be originating from soreness of the anus. Itching and frequent peeing are generally associated with a urinary tract infection. Any discharge should be examined through a culture and antibiotic sensitivity tests. A urine analysis and culture would be helpful. Diabetes is also a common cause for frequent peeing, and must be carefully checked through a fasting blood glucose. I strongly suggest you visit your family physician with my suggestions. Please, do feel free asking further questions in case of need. I would be most grateful making my humble contributions. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health. DR Bain