What causes allergic reaction after eating?

I drank too much two nights ago and ever since whenever I eat I have an allergic reaction: painful swelling in the top of my mouth and slight closing of my throat. What gives?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be related. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The allergic reactions that you are having are likely to be due to a lowered immunity and the effect on the liver enzymes due to a heavy drinking. You need to take plenty of fluids orally to let the alcohol wash out from your system. Taking Benadryl will surely comfort you for temporarily. The symptoms are likely to subside gradually in next few days. In addition you can apply calamine lotion which will help in soothing the skin and take foods rich in vitamin C which is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine. You can also have a diet rich in vitamin C like citrus fruits, oranges, papaya, grapefruit, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, and pineapple. In case the symptoms are persistent then do consult your physician for proper treatment. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL