What causes acute onset of pain associated with large bowel movements?

Upon waking up urge to have bowel movement. Wait for time to make bed. Suddenly pain so severe I cried out with pain while running to bath room. For seconds I could not go and pain was more severe. Then large movement and relief .now sore and slight exhaust. I do suffer from ibs but very rare do I have such severe attacks. Resting now.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. I would like to have some more information so that I can give a complete answer. 1. How long have you been having this symptom? 2. Any tests done so far? 3. Why was bowel resection done? 4. Are you on any medications? Do get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: What causes acute onset of pain associated with large bowel movements? 37 minutes later
1 just when I woke up. Very rarely that much pain. Had a bowel scope in 2012' all was normal. Bowel section due to divertiulitis.1995. Mess for blood pressure. Thinners for aertirial fibulation Tylenol 3 for head aches. Nexium for acid reflex
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for providing the information I asked for. Since this is an acute onset of pain associated with large bowel movements, it is less likely to be due to IBS-D. It could be due to gastroenteritis secondary to probably infection. I would advice you to get a stool test done to rule out infection. For pain relief you can take antispasmodic medications like drotaverine. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini