What causes absense of semen during ejaculation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
hello. sometimes after my husband and I have sex I go to the bathroom and I don't see any semen. sometimes there is definitely semen there but sometimes not. he says he orgasims and his body definitely acts like he orgasims but I don't always see any semen afterwards. Is this common? Are there times when I might not see any semen when we are done? We are trying to have a baby so I am a little concerned about it.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: He need proper clinical examination& investigation Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us It is not common.He need proper clinical examination and investigations. After repeated sex at small intervals there may be less amount of semen but some amount should come out during ejaculation. He need few investigations like semen analysis,Hormone assay,RBS,Urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of pelvis and Trans rectal sonography if needed. Further investigations can be done if needed. You don't worry,please visit your doctor and get fully examined. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX