What causes absence typical pregnancy symptoms?
User rating for this question
we did a pregnancy test at home and result was positive. my last period was on XXXXXXX 06 and next due date was feb 05. i am taking folic acid tablet. i feel tired but i do not havee any other symptoms like nausea, vomiting or constipation. so i am worried. when should i go for ultra sound scanning?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Your last period was on 6th of January, as you have mentioned. If you had regular cycles, then tomorrow on 14th of January, you would be 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Do not worry, as not all women have any typical pregnancy symptoms. Ideally, you should go for ultrasound scanning after 6 weeks, just make sure that transvaginal scanning is done, as it will give reliable results and avoid anxiety. You can go for transvaginal scan at 7 weeks safely, that is around the 25th of February. By that time, cardiac activity in the baby ( heartbeat ) will be definitely seen. Continue taking folic acid and rest and avoid sexual activity till the scan is done. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Is lipofuze safe to take
- Suffering heart attack during rope jumping
- What is the cause of pregnancy symptoms with ongoing period
- Zithromax and pregnancy first trimester
- Does hcg cause pregnancy symptoms
- Tonsil protrusion
- Sudafed and pregnancy third trimester
- Survival rate of stage 4 lung cancer in an 83 year old male
- Can clomid cause pregnancy symptoms
- What causes pregnancy symptoms when having hypothyroidism
- Am i pregnant with twins
- Swelling of breast and parotid gland
- Tb adenitis lymph nodes
- Possible solutions to teenage pregnancy
- What causes absence typical pregnancy symptoms