What causes abnormal head sweating?

Dermatologist
Question
Dear Doctor i'm suffering from abnormal sweats in my head followed by heavy hair especially when i'm having my food..........request you advice me the best medicine to aviod my sweating on my head.
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: details required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. I would like to know bit more details. 1. Since when you have this problem? 2. Sweating is present all over scalp or on a part of it? 3. Sweating present only on scalp or on forehead also? 4. Is there any itching? 5. Any other family member having similar problem? Please answer the above so I can help you better. Waiting for your response. Thank you.

Follow-up: What causes abnormal head sweating? 17 minutes later
Dear Doctor, Please find my revert for the answer. 1. Since when you have this problem? i have this problem for almost 3 yrs now. 2. Sweating is present all over scalp or on a part of it? Its only on top of my head 3. Sweating present only on scalp or on forehead also?Its only on scalp 4. Is there any itching? No 5. Any other family member having similar problem? No Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Seborrhea Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up, You are suffering from seborrhea of scalp. It is a oily condition of scalp where the sebaceous glands are hyperactive. I prescribe sebowash shampoo to my patients suffering from this condition. It gives good response by clearing sebum. You can try the same. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What causes abnormal head sweating? 27 minutes later
Thanks doctor for your revert. I request your clarification on few points 1. How frequently i have use this shampoo. 2. can i get this shampoo from apollo medicals. 3. As i have mentioned earlier i have been suffering from heavy hairfall this shampoo will have any side effects. 4.Did i have to do take any other medicines for this. Sorry for trroubling with too much of quires. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Yes this shampoo is easily available. You can get it from any pharmacy. Use it daily. You can start taking follihair tablet. Daily one for 3 months. This will help in controlling hair fall. Feel free to ask any number of doubts. We are here to help you. Thank you