What causes abnormal QRS in an ECG report?

good evening. I am male aged 35 years. I am on medication for high BP taking concor am5mg/day. Recently in the morning i experienced a light chest pain and upper back pain. Doctor ordered an ECG . It showed QRS(T) abnormality consistent with inferior infarct probably old. Immediately i took the report to doctor. He saw that and told nothing wrong in the ECG and dont worry about the result believe me. Next day i went to the cardiologist, he also told the same thing and did 2D echo which showed normal. Out of fear, i took another ECG on the next day at the same hospital which showed normal. Then can u please help me out why the initial ECG showed that result? Is it machine problem or i really got a heart attack previously? I did not experience any abnormalities previously
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO heart attack Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Obviously you did NOT have an attack… If there was, it will be detected in ECHO, as wall motion anomaly / another ECG will not be normal... Inferior wall ‘changes’ in ECG may at times occur from position of the heart – which in turn may be influenced by breathing. Repeating the ECG with a deep breath and holding it might change this. Generally, the machine is not to fault... / It is man? - another person's ECG might have come to you, by mistake... You may aim to bring down LDL or bad cholesterol (to 70) by diet / if necessary, statins HDL or good cholesterol may increase by regular exercise… Follow up with your cardiologist You are in good hands Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Follow-up: What causes abnormal QRS in an ECG report? 43 hours later
Thank you very much for the answer. But i am experiencing nausea,dizziness since recent days. Is this anything related to my heart or anything serious?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Likely to be an unrelated - different issue Detailed Answer: Hi Dizziness is vague term / lightheadedness; unsteadiness. If there is definite sense of rotation, it is vertigo. If it is from getting up from bed, it may be from postural hypo-tension.. Did you check your BP – standing and lying? It can be from anaemia – what is your haemoglobin? The body's balancing mechanism is in the inner ear. An ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist is the one to see - they have special tests to confirm or exclude the contribution of the ear. This If the ear is excluded, you have to be followed up by a neurologist. / MRI may be needed. MRA (MRI angiography) shows blood vessels and is generally done at the same sitting. If there are no clues, you have to be investigated by a Cardiologist! HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring – for arrhythmia) may be done. Regards