What causes abdominal pain with dizziness and frequent urination?
User rating for this question
I took plan B within 85hours after sex. My period came 4 days late, on dec 12th. I spotted for 3 days. I began to spot again 3 days ago. I took 4 positive pregnancy tests. I went to the doctor that day, and the urine test was negative. I took another test this morning which was also negative. I am having mild abdominal pain..almost like a burning, dizziness, and frequent urination. Is it possible I am pregnant? Please help.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please take a blood test and a sonogram Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. If you have always been regular with your cycles and do not use any contraception, you were not adequately protected with the emergency contraception and as such, if the intercourse happened to have occurred during the fertile days, you have pretty good chance of conception. The spotting and the irregular bleeding may be a consequence of either the emergency contraceptive or an early pregnancy. In the current scenario, since the urine tests are being vague, please go for the serum beta-hCG titre assay as this is more sensitive as well as specific. You should also get a trans-vaginal sonogram and urinalysis. Your symptoms do suggest a very early pregnancy and a sonogram will clarify the issue. Further course of action can be decided based on the conclusions. Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.
Follow-up: What causes abdominal pain with dizziness and frequent urination? 24 minutes later
if I was ovulating when I took the at home tests, would that create a false positive? I did have blood taken, but waiting days for the result is torture.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: False positives occur only when hCG is taken Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. False positive pregnancy test can be seen when some external source of hCG exists as in artificial reproductive procedures when injections of hCG are given as part of the process. Ovulation does not cause a false positive test. You can also get a sonogram done, preferably trans-vaginal, to clarify the issue. Hope your doubt has been clarified. Please contact for more information. I will be ready to help. regards, Shanti.V.
People also viewed
- Coversyl 40mg tablets side effects
- Shooting abdominal pains and frequent urination
- Frequent urination hunger abdominal pain
- What is the cause for bleeding post vaginal delivery
- What could be the recurring painful lump above right nipple
- What causes abdominal pain with dizziness and frequent urination
- Virus that causes abdominal pain and frequent urination
- What causes light pink bleeding while experiencing delay in periods
- Can i conceive if going through menopause
- Indication and side effect of tab.doxobid 400mg
- What are flagyl 400mg used for loose motion
- I took 400mg of ibuprofen and i feel really sleepy
- Evion 400mg can make penis straight
- What is the cause for frequent urination and abdominal pain
- How to avoid unwanted pregnancy after unprotected sex