What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea and bloody stool?

i have been to a my dr for the past 2 months for abdominal pain on my right side. i have had a HiDa scan done and ultrasound and blood tests..test came back normal but she did notice a slight thickening of the lining of my gallbladder. she wants it to come out. i am suposed to speak to a surgeon this week..but today i have been having diarrhea orange in color and watery and grainy i have nothing but dark red blood come out ..should i go to hospital or wait it out. could it be associated with my gallbladder
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, go to the hospital Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this troubling abdominal pain and the recent onset of these symptoms of diarrhea and bloody stool. Please, bleeding from the intestines need evaluation and appropriate management. Diarrhoea alone could have been explained by a possible gall bladder pathology but not the bleeding. You need to go in, get evaluated and the source of this bleed identified and managed. Otherwise, you may continue to bleed and soon get complications related to low blood volume like hypotension, anemia, cardiovascular collapse, etc. I will request that you treat this as a matter of urgency and benefit from immediate medical attention. I hope this helps. I wish you the best of possible outcomes. Please, fee free to ask for some more information or clarification if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD....
Follow-up: What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea and bloody stool? 6 minutes later
OK thanks..the bleeding has let up should I still go in.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: If it has stopped entirely, watch again. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for this follow up precision. If the bleeding has stopped entirely and you have no symptoms right now, you would want to go in early but not as an emergency. You should at least contact the doctor as soon as his office opens to get an early appointment to help figure this out. I honestly hope all stays stable for you to get evaluated in a ca environment. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.