What causes abdominal pain while sitting and standing?

General Surgeon
I am having LUQ abd. pain, often with left flank pain. Occurs while standing or sitting. Putting pressure on the areas help. No fever, +migraine last 6 days.
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
If I were a physician treating you, I'd like to know: age/any nausea, vomiting?/How long have you had this symptom? previous abdominal surgeries? any recent trauma/weight loss? You may have kidney stone, or inflammation of pancreas, stomach or intestine. see a doctor for a CT of abdomen if this persists.
Follow-up: What causes abdominal pain while sitting and standing? 22 hours later
Age 50. No nausea/vomitting/fever. No trauma, some weight loss but is intentional. This has been going on for at least 2 months or more.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be gastritis or kidney stone Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to HCM. This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. There is two possibilities for your pain....gastritis and stone in left kidney.... Get an ultrasound of the abdomen to get to a diagnosis as stones are easily seen on usg. If the scan is normal...its gastritis then...and then you need to start on a ppi tab like pantaprazole. Hope, that I have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, I will be glad to answer them. Get well soon. Dr. Ashish Verma