What causes abdominal pain, diarrhea, loss of weight and blood in stool?

I went to gi specialist, with severe abdominal pain, diarrhea loss of weight. Mucus and blood in stool. They did a stool sample test for three days I collected stool. Test came negative no blood or bacteria. How can this be if blood and mucus was clear in my stool. That was two weeks ago. I still have pain and I am still having unintentional weight loss. What is going on
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suspected bacterial or amoebic dysentry. Detailed Answer: Dear madam Happy to answer your query I reviewed your query, you have problems related to gastrointestinal system which the complaints of severe abdominal pain, diarrhea and loss of weight with blood and mucus in the stools.. First of all are you sure you have blood and mucus in stools, it indicates there is some infection in the bowels which needs to be confirmed by stool examination and culture and sensitivity.Bacterial, amoebic diarrhea or dysentry will have the same complaints that you have explained above. I recommend you to repeat your complete stool examination with microscopy, culture and sensitivity. Please note amoebic dysentry will come negative for these tests. Secondly some form of allergies to the foods like wheat causes same type of symptoms, so rule out enteropathies caused by food items. As you are complaining unintentional weight loss it might be related?? It is recommended to undergo ultrasound abdomen scanning to rule out structural abnormalities. Blood in the stools might be caused due to hemoroids, but it will be XXXXXXX blood in stools but it is recommended for you to check that once. You can start proper antibiotics after consulting your doctor. Hope this information is helpful Thanks