What causes abdominal pain and nausea after eating solid food?

I had bariatric surgery six years ago. For the past three weeks. whenever I eat solid foods, I get nauseous, sweaty and have terrible stomach pains until my food passes through. I'd like some kind of insight on what is going on before I see my doctor.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of gastritis/ulcer/hernia... Detailed Answer: Hi, As you would know bariatric surgery is associated with dumping syndrome which present with abdominal pain, nausea and other closely related symptoms. I would have thought of this syndrome as the first possibility, however since the surgery was 6 years ago, I don't think you would develop dumping syndrome symptoms now. The next close possibilities are also related to stomach - peptic ulcers / hernia. Here food acts as a stimulus leading to the symptoms such as yours. The possibilities can be easily excluded via an upper GI endoscospy. Your doctor would perform this test when you visit him/her. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards