Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes a shrunken penile foreskin ?

Hello to you, My problem is my foreskin has shrunk and I was wondering if there is anything herbel etc. that I can use to cure this problem?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. Treatment is specific for cause which has caused the shrinkage of foreskin.

1)     The first possibility is of phimsois skin which is a constriction of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be drawn back over the tip of the penis. It can also be due to scarring of the foreskin.

2)     Second possibility is of skin conditions like lichen sclerosus in which foreskin can scar, tighten, and shrink over the head of the penis.

There are no herbal remedies documented for both the above conditions.

The treatment of choice for lichen sclerosus is an ultrapotent topical corticosteroid. Daily use of these creams or ointments can stop itching within a few days and restore the skin's normal texture and strength after several months but steroids are available only under prescription. Other treatment options include immune-modulating medications, such as tacrolimus.

Treatment of phimosis skin also involves application of vitamin E creams and steroid creams. Personal hygiene is very important. Clean under a retractable foreskin and always reduce it to cover the glans after cleaning. If symptoms persist then surgical treatment may be required.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist and get the treatment prescribed.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.