What causes a large haematoma along with hypovolemic shock after a cardiac catheterization?

Question
I had a cardiac catheterization 10 days ago. A large hematoma developed along with hypovolemic shock. Now, the hematoma has a solidified area about the size of a small rock. Worry?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: hematomas gradually resolve by their own Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Hematomas are common among aged individuals who undergo cardiac catheterization. Even large hematomas gradually resolve by their own and melt into skin over some time. There is no need to worry about it. Hope I am clear.

Follow-up: What causes a large haematoma along with hypovolemic shock after a cardiac catheterization? 1 hour later
The hematoma itself is from my waist to my knee. I know it will fade. Whqt concerns me is q rock hard lump in the groin.

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Hard lump in the groin can be a lymph node Detailed Answer: Hi, Hard lump in the groin can be a lymph node, if you are sure it is different from hematoma. Did you get it examined? A lymphnode can swell when the region of skin or the hematoma gets infected. If it is resolving hematoma, which can occasionally be felt as lump, you need no further workup. If possible, upload a photo of the lump which will help me identify it. Regards.