What causes a feeling of obstruction in throat with history of acid reflux?
User rating for this question
I have always been a singer. Not any more. For about the last year or so there seems to be an obstruction in my throat. Almost like I need to clear my throat but never can. If I do sing or speak loudly, I become hoarse within a matter of minutes. The voice is thin where it use to be full. No soreness whatsoever. Have had pretty bad acid reflux over the years.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stroboscopy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. Get a Videolaryngoscopy done. A Stroboscopy or a High Speed Camera study of the larynx would be ideal. 2. Your symptoms suggest a chronic laryngitis due to acid reflux. 3. If you can upload the images or the video of the larynx, I will be able to suggest treatment. 4. In the mean while anti reflux treatment and Mucaine Gel will help. I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.
People also viewed
- Acid reflux cause sore throat
- Swollen throat after drinking
- Post nasal drip after stopping smoking
- Hearing static after ear drops
- Post nasal drip after vaxigrip vaccine
- Embryo transfer depression
- Dermovate can stop vitiligo spreading
- What causes acid reflux disease
- Have acid reflux coarse throat duodenum what is the cause
- What is the cause and treatment for acid reflux
- Throat problems after drinking
- Seborrheic dermatitis savlon
- Depilatory magic scrotum
- What can cause acid reflux
- Dermatographic urticaria and scabies