What causes a feeling of obstruction in throat with history of acid reflux?
User rating for this question
I have always been a singer. Not any more. For about the last year or so there seems to be an obstruction in my throat. Almost like I need to clear my throat but never can. If I do sing or speak loudly, I become hoarse within a matter of minutes. The voice is thin where it use to be full. No soreness whatsoever. Have had pretty bad acid reflux over the years.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stroboscopy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. Get a Videolaryngoscopy done. A Stroboscopy or a High Speed Camera study of the larynx would be ideal. 2. Your symptoms suggest a chronic laryngitis due to acid reflux. 3. If you can upload the images or the video of the larynx, I will be able to suggest treatment. 4. In the mean while anti reflux treatment and Mucaine Gel will help. I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.
People also viewed
- Why my left nostril is only running
- Serious pain in left nostril
- Pain in left nostril and throat
- Left nostril piercing and pcod
- Acid reflux cause sore throat
- Crimson clover seed
- Sulfatrim ds tabs
- What causes acid reflux disease
- Banana fruit cake
- Bacitracin ointment otc
- Sulfamethazole tmp ds
- Have acid reflux coarse throat duodenum what is the cause
- What is the cause and treatment for acid reflux
- Left side of neck pulsating no pain
- What can cause acid reflux