What causes a feeling of obstruction in throat with history of acid reflux?

ENT Specialist
I have always been a singer. Not any more. For about the last year or so there seems to be an obstruction in my throat. Almost like I need to clear my throat but never can. If I do sing or speak loudly, I become hoarse within a matter of minutes. The voice is thin where it use to be full. No soreness whatsoever. Have had pretty bad acid reflux over the years.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stroboscopy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. Get a Videolaryngoscopy done. A Stroboscopy or a High Speed Camera study of the larynx would be ideal. 2. Your symptoms suggest a chronic laryngitis due to acid reflux. 3. If you can upload the images or the video of the larynx, I will be able to suggest treatment. 4. In the mean while anti reflux treatment and Mucaine Gel will help. I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.