What causes a blood blister on forearm after being on a detox diet?

I did a "detox" diet about 18 months ago and toward the end of that month, an eruption appeared on my forearm. I feel sure it was associated with the detox. It looked like a cross between a blood blister and a large pimple. 12 months ago, I opened it up with a sterilized X-Acto knife & drained the blood out & thought it would heal up, but it didn't. The skin healed, but the big "blood pimple" remained. I tried it again in July, 2013, This time, I "dug around" in the muscle a little, looking for pus or any clue as to the cause of the eruption. Squeezed, tried everything I could think of. No luck. This wound also healed, but a large ΒΌ" across blood blister/pimple formed again. It's still there. What can I do?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please, can you post an image of this lesion? Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry ti hear about this eruption that has been unable to go away despite repeated efforts from you. In order to be able to help you with this, I will like to see an image of this eruption you are talking of. Your description still leaves me with a lot of doubts that an image would clarify. You can look for this option on the question asking portal. Should you have any difficulties in doing this, please contact the customer service for assistance. I would be right here waiting to get this image and provide you with personalised advice on this.I wish you well. Thanks for using our services. Dr.. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What causes a blood blister on forearm after being on a detox diet? 26 hours later
Dr. Ditah See attached photo
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thanks for the picture! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for posting this picture. This mass looks more concerning than you described unless this is a magnified image. I will advice that you go in and get it thoroughly examined. It doesn't look like any ordinary tissue and if no conclusive answer is gotten, I will suggest that you get this mass biopsied and examined for tissue diagnosis. It may need more than a simple squeezing or minimal excision to get this cured permanently. A primary care doctor would be able to start this process for you and direct you to other specialists as the need arises. In all, please get consulted and accept a biopsy if need be. I wish you well and let me know what you decide to do.