What causes Right lower abdominal severe chronic pain?

Age 44 male. Right lower abdominal severe chronic pain begins around day time and goes on till morning hrs. Until stools are passed and the pain subsides. Again by day time it flares up and continues as previous day. When press and hold the lower right abdomen a pain radiates from the particular point to the naval and further lower to naval and further right of the lower abdomen. The pain radiates like a triangle when press and hold the area of pain its like pressing an open wound also associates with growling noices like water flowing and emptying also note my platelet count has been low for a while. Hovering around 60-80. Platelet antibodies test was done and it was negative. Fatty lever was diagnosed when ultra sound was done. Doctors reckon nothing serious. Checked with gastroenterolgist, urologist and general surgeon I was prescribed gaviscon, parriet, librax. I am on 10mg lovastatin for cholestrol. Can you pls suggest what should I do, doctors seem not understand my pain.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Look like issue with ileocecal junction. Detailed Answer: Hello, In view details regarding type of pain, it looks like issue with ileocecal junction. Probably there is narrowing at this level, so you get pain when stools built up and pain is relieved when bowel is clear of stools.Again growling noises and water flowing sound support this possibility. In cases like yours I would first like to get investigations like barium meal follow through, CT scan and if needed endoscopy done.These investigations will also help rule out other causes of such pain. After investigations treatment can be planned. So seeing gastroenterologist and getting investigations done would be ideal step. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.