What causes Ramsey hunt syndrome?

myocloome, degenerative nus/ramsey hunt syndr0me - degenerativeXXXXXXX hunt syndrome is NOT specific to facial muscles. I have rare form of degenerative muscle severe twitches in my left thigh. progressing to right leg. professor weishman informs me he has never seen patient displaying symtoms. I have endured a physical examination by a theatre of Dr's and professors of medical knowledge fom kings in London. Can NY offer me hope???????
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 hours later
Brief Answer: You need to follow medicines religiously... Detailed Answer: Hi, I am not sure there are any doctors from New york who is on this panel to answer your question. And since your query is unattended for awhile now, I shall take this opportunity to answer it. As far as I am aware of Degenerative XXXXXXX Hunt syndrome which is a rare condition has no specific cure determined yet. It is managed symptomatically based on individual symptoms and patients tolerance. I see you are on couple of anticonvulsant and muscle relaxants. Medicines may be modified (both the dose and route of administeration) according to patient's tolerance and symptom severity. With this information, if you wish to venture out for treatment, then Department of Neurology, Columbia University Medical Centre can be a good option. Wish you good health!! Regards