What causes Myocardial Infarction(MI) despite normal heart conditions?

I recently had a angeogram and an ultrasound which both indicated that I had no damage to the heart, no blockage, no plaque build up and no narrowing.I was told that there was no damage to my heart, yet they have diagnosed a MI. What may be their reasoning????
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Coronary arterial spasm can be cause such MI. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Patient who had MI but in whom the investigations turned out normal are cases of coronary artery spasm. Such spasms can be due to various reasons.Other important cause is location of coronary arteries.Some patients have their coronary abnormally embedded in muscle of heart , so at sometime this may get compressed by muscle and lead to MI symptoms.And on following investigations these turn out normal. So momentary arterial spasm might be cause of MI in your case. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.